Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My learning process



If you were to ask me what my hobbies/interests were five years ago, I would have given you something generic like I like Chick flicks, and good food .
Well I have come a long way since then, and have found what I truly love to do. One of which is photography. I have always had an addiction to makeovers. To me photography is like a makeover. Learning to take the situation, and make it more esthetic.
  This is not to say that I am any good at photographing anything. But I want to learn. I want to be. Only thing is I take forever to learn things. It's like it doesn't compute sometimes. What would take someone else one week seems to take me three. Kinda like my husband's cleaning.. what takes me 20 minutes takes him 2 hrs lol..I digress..
This past week I took some family photos for a friend. I had been studying my manual, spending hours on the computer self teaching how to this that and the other.. and I was really excited. The shoot went well, the family was great to work with, and then got home to look at the pictures, and they were all blurry! I was so disappointed What had I done? I have spent every free minute I have trying to figure that out. Two steps forward one step back.
Anyway I have to be positive and think of how far I have come in the past 3 years, and just to make myself feel just a little bit better I have a picture to prove it to myself. This is 5 month old Chloe November, 2010.

 photo November2010030_zps3dea73b7.jpg
and this is Piper @ around 5 months in November. Same location 3 yrs apart..
 photo D71_2369_zps6fb8c8eb.jpg

There is improvement, but I have an incredibly long way to go. 
I saw on a blog where someone was doing a challenge to learn and push themselves further 
by taking one picture a day for 365 days. I don't know if I can commit to an entire year, but I can do one
month. So starting a few days ago on the 25th of November to December 25th I will take one picture a day to hopefully grow. Maybe by Christmas I will have learned a lot, and hopefully get great Christmas shots of the girls!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an improvement! You should be so proud of yourself! I have a friend who has done photo a day for years now. She doesn't make very day it it us sure fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete

Remark?