Saturday, May 28, 2011

Nautical glass & Pom flowers


 Today at a garage sale I found These Nautical glass floats. I had no idea what they were when I came across them, but I thought they would be pretty hanging from our tree in the back yard. The price was right so I bought them. When I got home I was a little nervous to show Adam what I found. I didn't figure he would share my vision. Well come to find out Adam really liked them, and I learned that they are Nautical Glass Floats that were once used to keep Japanese fisherman's nets from sinking. These floated over from Japan and the lady I bought them from had a mother who collected all things nautical. She had no idea what they were and sold them to me cheap.. Score! Adam decided to hang them from the beams on the eve of our house. I really like them and they catch light beautifully!

I also made these oh so easy Pom flowers that I love tutorial here http://www.domestifluff.com/2008/10/how-to-make-pom-pom-flowers/


Pretty eh?

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I never find great stuff at garage sales. I think UT garage sales aren't as great. I wish you lived closer so you could help me make awesome things. I am just not good at being crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're right.For example kids stuff ( swings, strollers etc) In Utah people have more children, so things get passed down and worn, but here people have one child, and buy them EVERYTHING and then when they grow out of it they throw it away or have a garage sale. I usually just get "inspired" by other peoples things (knock offs). In most cases I'm not an origional cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you were here to help me to spiff up my new place! Between you and your sister, my home should be totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Remark?