Monday, May 9, 2011

Rags to Riches

My first mothers day was FAB! Adam treated me like a queen. With breakfast in bed, taking care of Chloe's needs all day long, and presents! I asked for a food processor (which I used today and it's amazing!) I also wanted a high power staple gun, and A delivered! Here is my first project with my new mothers day gift!This chair is a piece in the set I am re-finishing right now. This before picture is so disgusting.. Rags..



Who sits on this thing?? So filthy!! Nasty mushroom seat. So I pulled it off and started to take the dirty sick material off and found.. yet another nasty material underneath..


So I painted the wood, added glaze,stripped it and with my handy dandy nail gun thingie I made this..


Riches!!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! I wish you lived by me so you could help me. I suck at that stuff. I just got Blair a day bed that I am hoping to re do a pink (it is white now.) and a desk I am going to refinish. Hopefully it turns out okay cause I kinda don't know what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Brandi- We would have a craft night each month and do projects together if we lived near each other! You will do a Great job! I'm excited to see the finished result, you must post them when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome. I love all the little projects you're doing. Glad you're enjoying it, and glad that Mr. Adam treated you well on mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Remark?