Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Southwest white chicken chili

I just made this delicious Chili.. Normally I don't love chili, but this improvised HEALTHY recipe I made is yummy..


Ingredients

4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 large onion, chopped
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes (with juice)
1 medium yellow squash chopped
3/4 cup water/ chicken stock
1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, partially drained
A few dashes of garlic salt and pepper
2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions
1.Heat the chicken in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cumin, onion and pepper and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, stirring often.
2.Stir the water, corn and beans in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the cheese.

   I am trying to eat healthy so I didn't add the cheese to the top of mine even though I think cheese is the BEST, only Adams bowl got some :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remark?