Wednesday, June 9, 2010
So it looks like little Chloe baby is going to be born this Friday June 11th. My doctor is planning to start my induction Thursday evening. My Dr has been sending me to the lab and drawing my blood each week to monitor my platelets because they have been low. They keep getting lower each draw, and they want to put me on a steroid and get them back up by using an oral medication (prednisone) which makes your platelet count higher. Well it only works while you are taking it and would drop if discontinued so they want to go ahead and induce me while on it to insure a high count. I was really bummed at the news of losing my choice to have a "natural" labor. I am only dilated to a 1 and my cervix is still high. I know my body isn't quite ready for labor and I worry that forcing it to do something it doesn't want to will cause complications. So I go home from the appointment worried. I voice my feelings to Adam at lunch. My sweet husband is now worried and is on the Internet doing research calling the doctor back and asking questions and calling friends who could give us medical advice as to how serious this would be if we waited another week. After praying, and thinking about what little options we feel we have, we have come to terms with the induction and have decided to be positive that things will go well for us and we are so excited that little Chloe will be here in 2 DAYS!!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
First I guess I should say I am leaning toward not having Chloe induced. I was hoping to get stories or opinions from those who have had inductions. I went in for a Dr. appointment this morning and my Dr informed me that he will be out of town the week I'm due. He suggested we induce early (the weekend of the 12th) and told me I have the choice to induce or take the risk of an on call Dr. if I were to go into labor during that week. At first I thought about it and kinda considered it. I was excited at the thought that I could see my baby 5 days sooner than my due date and I am soooo ready to meet this little girl I can hardly stand it!! BUT I have read so many books and watched a few documentaries on child birth and I have heard all about pitocin and the issues it can cause. So i think I'll just take my chances with the on call Dr. (if thats the way it goes) and go into labor naturally. Any suggestions?